Lessons, food, refreshments and music: Just 15 dollars!
Combined with Intermediate Lessons: Only 20 dollars!
Come single, or bring a partner. Everyone is welcome.
Swing! Latin! Ballroom!
Dance Haddonfield meets every Sunday night:
Beginner Lessons are from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM and dance to 10:30 PM.
Intermediate Lessons are from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
Dance Haddonfield meets at:
19 Kings Highway East
Beginner Lesson Schedule: 7PM to 8PM
January 22 - Fox Trot
January 29 - West Coast Swing
February 5 - Night Club Two Step
February 12 - Rumba
February 19 - East Coast Swing
Intermediate Lesson: 6PM to 7PM
January 22 - February 26: Viennese Walz with Gene LaPierre of LaPierre Ballroom Dance Studio
Future Intermediate Lessons:
March 5 - April 9 - Night Club Two Step, Alan Saperstein April 16 - Country Polk, Alan Sapersteinarch April 23 - May 7 - West Coast Swing, David Kim May 14 - June 18 - Cha Cha with Jonathan Cabrera
Health Benefits of Ballroom Dancing
by Diane Liakos, M.P.H, M.S.
Dancing is a wonderful physical and social activity that can improve your fitness and health, lift your spirits, reduce stress, and offer a fun experience, all at the same time! It is a perfect combination of physical and low-impact aerobic activity, range of motion exercise, social interaction, and mental stimulation.
Regardless of your age and ability level, dancing will help you to improve your health, flexibility, muscle tone, mental outlook, social life, and enjoyment of leisure.
· Is fun
· Helps to reduce your risk of chronic diseases like cancer, cardiovascular (heart) and cerebrovascular (brain) disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and depression
· Helps to slow the progression of osteoporosis and reduce the risk of falls and fractures, by increasing muscle strength which supports your bones and improves your coordination and balance
· Enhances blood circulation throughout your body
· Strengthens your immune system and ability to resist colds, illness, and infections
· Can help you lose weight
· Helps you maintain a healthy weight
· Raises your metabolic rate, which helps you burn calories faster and lose unnecessary pounds
· Keeps you fit and flexible
· Improves your muscle tone, strength, and endurance
· Improves your coordination and balance, which can prevent accidents and falls
· Improves your posture
· Helps you to meet new people
· Builds self confidence
· Increases self esteem
· Improves your spatial awareness
· Improves your concentration and ability to focus
· Improves poise and gracefulness
· Improves your social skills
· Enhances an overall sense of well-being, promotes a positive outlook, and makes you happy to be alive
· Is a moderate physical activity that is generally healthy and safe for your joints and body (According to the United States Department of Agriculture’s [USDA] physical activity guidelines, adults should get at least 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous activity daily.)
· Provides mental stimulation and improved oxygenated blood flow for a healthy brain, especially when you take classes to improve your technique, memorize steps, or work with a partner
· Improves your memory and may help to reduce the risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
· Is a “sport” you can engage in throughout your life, with beautiful music, moderate aerobic activity, and social interaction
· Provides a temporary escape from normal daily activities, a chance to relax, relieve stress, reduce loneliness, and have a great time
· Helps you to feel young and energetic, no matter what age you are.
"If you have any preexisting health or medical concerns, always consult with your personal physician before beginning any new physical activity."
1. “Dance Haddonfield- The Cure for 2 Left Feet.” (Source: www.dancehaddonfield.org/2leftfeet.html).
2. “Dancing: Fitness the Fun Way!” Public Health Category: www.dianesays.com. 02/17/12.
3. “Exercise for Your Bone Health.” National Institutes of Health (NIH) Osteoporosis and Related Bone Diseases
National Resource Center. NIH Publication No. 15–7879–E. May 2015. (Source: www.niams.nih.gov/
4. “How Does Physical Activity Help Build Strong Bones?” National Institutes of Health (NIH). 05/06/14.
5. “USA Dance Chapters-Find a Local Chapter.” USA Dance, Inc. (Source: www.usadance.org>chapters. Office: (800) 447-9047; Fax: (239) 573-0946).
Sponsorship for Dance Haddonfield
Dance Haddonfield is the weekly dance held by the Delaware Valley chapter of USA Dance. We exist to bring the joy of ballroom dance to our community, including lessons and an opportunity to enjoy an evening of dance every Sunday.
We are a non-profit, and need all the support we can get to continue our dance and to provide a pleasant environment at a reasonable price. Please consider donating to our dance; as part of USA Dance donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Here are the sponsorship opportunities:
Sponsor an intermediate class – these run for 5 or 6 weeks. Sponsorship costs $60.
For this you get:
4 gift certificates, good for any new dancers (cannot be used by our current dancers).
Mention on our home page.
Mention in our weekly email newsletter in connection with that series of lessons.
A sign posted at those lessons.
Sponsor any one Sunday dance – cost $15.
For this you get:
1 gift certificate, good for one new dancer (cannot be used by our current dancers).
Mention on our home page.
Mention on our weekly email newsletter for that dance.
Sign at the dance.
If you want to help us the most, consider one of these sponsorships.
Gold Sponsor - $1000
Silver Sponsor - $500
Bronze Sponsor - $250
Listed on our web site for a year, and included on a plaque on display at the dance.
UNIVERSAL DANCE CENTER, INC
LESSONS IN BALLROOM AND LATIN DANCES
Rt. 130, Collingswood, NJ
Graded standardized curriculum
Junior and adult dancers learn social and/or
Competitive Dancing in American and International Styles
Students of all ages
Dance Teacher Training for Certification
PEPPERMINT DANCE CLUB
Plymouth Meeting Mall
Steve and Betty Culver
Beautiful Dairy Aire
Support Undergarments and Barn Fumigants
Katharine Darlington and Jeff Cherer, Whurameye, TX