Swing! Latin! Ballroom!
Lessons, food, refreshments and music: Just 15 dollars!
Combined with Intermediate Lessons: Only 20 dollars!
Come single, or bring a partner. Everyone is welcome.
Dance Haddonfield meets every Sunday night:
Beginner Lessons are from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM and dance to 10:30 PM.
Intermediate Lessons are from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
Who should attend our Sunday dances?
We welcome adults of all ages who are interested in a friendly place to dance and/or meet new people. Social dance is a friendly, non-threatening environment. You do not need to bring a partner. We have group lessons and "mixers." Our beginner lessons and social dancing is a great form of exercise, a unique way to mingle, a way to ease grief and find joy in life. We encourage all people – singles, couples, widows, widowers, young, old – to join us any Sunday at Dance Haddonfield.
Dance Haddonfield meets at:
19 Kings Highway East
Beginner Lesson Schedule: 7PM to 8PM
May 13 Waltz
May 20 Fox Trot
May 27 Tango
June 3 West Coast Swing
June 10 Bachata/Merengue
June 17 Cha Cha
June 24 Night Club Two Step
For additional dates, click on "Schedule" on the top of this page
Intermediate Lesson: 6PM to 7PM
April 1 through May 6 - Country Two Step with Alan Saperstein
May 13 through June 17 - Samba with Bill Sapp
June 24 through July 29 - Cha Cha with Vlada Martinek
August 5 through September 9 - Rumba with Christy Kam
September 16 through October 21 - Bolero with Camille Ardary
October 28 through December 2 - East Coast Swing with Tom Cupp
December 9 through January 13 - Fox Trot with Sandra Fortuna
January 20 through February 24 - West Coast Swing with Alan Saperstein
March 3 through April 7 - Tango with Gene LaPierre
Health Benefits of Ballroom Dancing
by Diane Liakos, M.P.H, M.S.
Dancing is a wonderful physical and social activity that can improve your fitness and health, lift your spirits, reduce stress, and offer a fun experience! It is a perfect combination of physical and low-impact aerobic activity, range of motion exercise, social interaction, and mental stimulation.
- Helps to reduce your risk of chronic diseases like cancer, cardiovascular (heart) and cerebrovascular (brain) disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and depression.
- Helps slow the progression of osteoporosis and reduce the risk of falls and fractures.
- Enhances blood circulation throughout your body.
- Strengthens your immune system and your resistance.
- Raises your metabolic rate, which helps you burn calories faster and lose unnecessary pounds.
- Improves your muscle tone, strength, and endurance.
- Improves your coordination and balance, to prevent accidents and falls.
- Increases self- esteem and makes you happy to be alive.
- Improves your concentration and ability to focus.
- Provides mental stimulation and improved oxygenated blood flow.
- Improves your memory and may help to reduce the risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Is a “sport” you can engage in throughout your life, with beautiful music, moderate aerobic activity, and social interaction
"If you have any preexisting health or medical concerns, always consult with your personal physician before beginning any new physical activity."
Sponsorship for Dance Haddonfield
Dance Haddonfield is the weekly dance held by the Delaware Valley chapter of USA Dance. We exist to bring the joy of ballroom dance to our community, including lessons and an opportunity to enjoy an evening of dance every Sunday.
We are a non-profit, and need all the support we can get to continue our dance and to provide a pleasant environment at a reasonable price. Please consider donating to our dance; as part of USA Dance donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Sponsor an intermediate class – these run for 5 or 6 weeks. Sponsorship costs $60.
For this you get:
- 4 gift certificates, good for any new dancers (cannot be used by our current dancers).
- Mention on our home page.
- Mention in our weekly email newsletter in connection with that series of lessons.
- A sign posted at those lessons.
Sponsor any one Sunday dance – cost $15.
For this you get:
- 1 gift certificate, good for one new dancer (cannot be used by our current dancers).
- Mention on our home page.
- Mention on our weekly email newsletter for that dance.
- Sign at the dance.
If you want to help us the most, consider one of these sponsorships.
Gold Sponsor - $1000
Silver Sponsor - $500
Bronze Sponsor - $250
Listed on our website for a year, and included on a plaque on display at the dance.
Beautiful Dairy Aire
Support Undergarments and Barn Fumigants
Katharine Darlington and Jeff Cherer, Whurameye, TX
UNIVERSAL DANCE CENTER, INC
LESSONS IN BALLROOM AND LATIN DANCES
Rt. 130, Collingswood, NJ
Graded standardized curriculum for students of all ages.
Junior and adult dancers learn social and/or Competitive Dancing in American and International Styles.
Specialty Programs: Wedding preparation, wheelchair dancing, dance teacher training for certification.
PEPPERMINT DANCE CLUB
Plymouth Meeting Mall
Steve and Betty Culver